• Review: Oroweat Health-full Bread PLUS Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich Recipe

    I was really excited to check out Oroweat Health-full Bread through the BzzAgent program - for whatever reason, our local grocery store stopped carrying our usual brand of bread, so I was in search of a good replacement.  We're trying to eat healthier this year, and I cannot believe how hard it is to find bread without artificial colors or preservatives. After reading the label on Oroweat Health-ful bread, I was happy to discover that this bread seemed to be all-natural.

    Oroweat has three varieties of Health-full Bread: Flax & Fiber, Nutty Grain, and 10-Grain.  We were used to a 9-grain wheat bread, so we decided to go with the 10-Grain Bread.

    I try and pack a lunch for my husband at least a few times per week, so I decided to make a turkey, cheese, and spinach sandwich for him.  He thought the bread was pretty good and very filling.


    I am trying to lose some weight, so I really liked the fact that this bread has only 80 calories per slice, 5 grams of protein per slice, and is an excellent source of fiber. I made a really yummy Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich.  Wow, was this good and FILLING!  It was really quick and easy to make. I will probably scale the recipe back the next time to one egg/one slice of bread/one tbsp of pesto.

    Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich

    Ingredients
    2 Slices of Oroweat Health-full Bread (any variety)
    2 eggs
    2 tbsp prepared pesto (I used Buitoni, which is refrigerated)
    Olive Oil Cooking Spray or 1 tbsp olive oil
    Salt and Pepper

    Directions:
    1. Spray olive oil (or pour 1 tbsp olive oil) in a small pan.  Preheat over medium heat.
    2. Whisk 2 eggs together in a small bowl.  Add salt and pepper as desired.
    3. After pan is preheated, scramble eggs to desired consistency.  I usually let them cook for about 3-4 minutes and then flip them - almost like an omelet.
    4. While eggs are cooking, lightly toast 2 slices of Oroweat Health-Full Bread.  Spread with 1 tbsp. of prepared pesto.
    5. Place eggs on bread, slice, and enjoy!
    6. Serve with a cup of seedless red grapes and unsalted walnuts.

    Overall, we were pretty happy with the quality and taste of this bread.  Oroweat Health-Full bread was actually on sale at our local grocery store so it was priced very competitively with other brands of wheat bread.  I would recommend trying it out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment