• Product Review - Wen Hair Care by Chaz Dean

    I'm not usually one to get mesmerized by an infomercial - but for whatever reason, I was intrigued by the Wen hair care system.  I have super dry, damaged, over processed hair so I was curious if this product might work. Before I go any further, I want to disclose that I have NOT been compensated by Chaz Dean for this review.  I am just a mom that was looking for some different options to try and repair my icky hair.

    This is from their official website:
    WEN® Fig Cleansing Conditioner is a universal cleanser which, due to its rich, dense consistency, works exceptionally well to moisturize, hydrate and replenish dry, heat-damaged, color-treated, or dehydrated hair. This cleansing conditioner is free of sodium laurel sulfates and detergents, and cleanses without lathering or stripping the scalp or hair of natural moisture.

    OK.  Sounds good so far.  But the price seemed a little high to me - $32 for 16 oz of the cleansing conditioner. Although, I guess if it's replacing shampoo/conditioner/styling products, then that's not a bad price.

    I decided to order this product off of Amazon.com. They offer a small 6 oz. version of the cleansing conditioner for about $20 - not the best deal, but I didn't want to get stuck with a huge bottle if I hated it! And depending on the seller, some of the Wen products qualify for free super saver shipping (which is what I got).

    So...does it work? Well..in fact, it was amazing on my hair. I've used it about 3 times so far and there is a noticeable difference - my hair is much softer, shinier, and easier to manage. I'm really surprised, to be honest with you.

    Now, there are some drawbacks to this product. I bought the Fig scent - and if you've read any of the reviews on Amazon, a lot of people say it smells like cherry Robitussin. And yes, it does. It is such an odd smell for a shampoo, but it really was effective on my hair.

    I also noticed that some people mentioned hair loss after using this product. I personally did not have this experience (well, not yet anyway!) but I will definitely keep you updated if this happens. Another negative to this product is the amount you need to use during each use - between 20 and 40 pumps! That really does make it an expensive product, especially if you have long hair.

    I did notice that my scalp had a tingly feeling (near the base of my neck) for about 5-10 minutes after I had used the product. This was not necessarily a bad thing; but I wanted to make sure you were aware of it in case it happens to you.

    Overall, I would recommend this product. If you're not crazy about the scent, the other ones seem to be pretty good (Lavender, Sweet Almond Mint, etc.). I'll post again in a few weeks to let you know if I have any other thoughts on this product.

0 comments:

Post a Comment