• Cinch! Fast Forward Diet - Lost 8.5 lbs.!



    OK, so as some of you know, I am not only posting about bargains - I want to post about my experience with the book Cinch! by Cynthia Sass. I was flipping through the channels one day and caught her on Rachael Ray, and I thought I'd give her diet a try. Knowing my past failures with weight-loss programs and books, I decided to see if my local library had this book (gotta keep on saving money, ha ha!). They did! So, I read a few chapters, bought the suggested products, and started the Fast Forward portion of the diet.

    Now, I don't want to infringe on any copyright issues, but I think I can safely mention the 5 products you eat for 5 days since it was shown on TV. They are: non-fat plain yogurt, raspberries. almond/almond butter, eggs, and spinach. I like all of these foods so I thought I'd give it a try.

    After the 5 days of following the book's instructions, I weighed myself and couldn't believe it - I actually had lost 8.5 lbs. in 5 days! (The books suggests most people will lose up to 8 lbs. in 5 days). The plan also allows for green tea (no sugar), so that absolutely helped. I really never felt hungry, and it is so motivating to get a jump start on weight lost. I am on Day 2 of the Core Plan, and I gotta tell you, the recipes are great so far!

    So, here is my two cents on the diet:
    -The organic plain non-fat yogurt was the only thing I really didn't like (I was so used to flavored yogurt), but I'm so glad I ate it anyway. It gave me energy and was a key part with my weight loss.
    -Be sure to allow enough time for food preparation; the recipes are not difficult, but they can be time-consuming.
    -Invest in a food scale (they have very reasonably price scales at Wal-Mart).
    -The book wants you to buy organic foods, which can be pricey. For the core part, I bought organic milk and eggs. I accidentally bought regular non-fat plain yogurt, and it worked fine. For fruits that you need to "zest", I would absolutely buy organic (i.e., oranges and tangerines) since the skins most likely have pesticide residue on them.
    -I was able to find all of the organic/whole wheat items that I needed for this diet at my local Fry's store (Kroger). I am planning on going to Trader Joe's or Sprouts next week, I'm sure their prices will be lower on organic/natural foods.

    I can't believe I haven't had salt, sugar, or processed foods for a week. My husband can't either! I seriously feel fantastic. I'll update weekly on my weight loss journey. If you have any questions, e-mail me or comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment